New Amendments to .SE and .NU Domains Terms and Conditions
Revised Terms and Conditions are applicable to .SE and .NU domains, and will take effect on September 30, 2019 from the registry, IIS Registry.
No action is required and domain name registrations are not affected: as a domain holder, you need to read through the new Terms and Conditions but you do not have to do anything to maintain your domain name, the domain name registration is not affected.
If you have one or more .se-domain or .nu-domain name registered this means that the now valid version of Terms and Conditions of registration will apply until September 29, 2019. On September 30, 2019, these will be replaced by the updated Terms and Conditions of registration which applies to all domain name holders irrespectively of date of registration of the domain name.
The existing Terms and Conditions of registration will continue to apply until September 29, 2019. On September 30, 2019, these will be replaced by the updated Terms and Conditions of registration and will apply to all domain name holders irrespectively of the registration date of the domain name.
The current and revised version of the Terms and Conditions is available at
The changes made are as follows:
- Linguistic adjustments
- Adjustment of the domain names formulation, section 3.2
- Addition regarding DNSSEC in section 188.8.131.52
- Addition in section 5.4.2 regarding impediments to performing the Registration Service deregistration and transfer of Domain Name
- Addition in section 6.4 regarding Internetstiftelsens right to deregistration or transfer a domain name
- Adjustment from family name to surname in section 7.2 c) (Terms and Conditions for .se)
- Addition in section 10.2.3 regarding changes of Terms and Conditions and publication.
Need to register your own .SE or .NU domain? Apply now!!!